The New Zealand Film Commission supports the vibrant New Zealand screen industry through making and promoting New Zealand films, attracting international productions, and developing careers for New Zealand filmmakers.
Who: New Zealand Film Commission
What: Public sector website built on the Sector D7 NZGovt Kit
The short project timeline (16 weeks from Go to GoLive), and the challenging list of tasks would not have been possible without the preconfigured features of the Sector D7 NZGovt Kit.
The new site features:
- Full editorial workflow,
- Image galleries and searches,
- Film library including a Talents database,
- Funding decisions database,
- Funding information database,
- International production showcases,
- Flexible content element patterns in WYSIWYG templates,
- Flexible embeds of automated content in the WYSIWYG content flow,
- and much more.
Next to implementing the list of features, we migrated content from two existing sites into the new site.
We migrated over:
- 3500 funding decision,
- 675 films,
- 3700 talents,
- 200 pages and resources,
- 500 news,
- 5700 location images,
- 1250 film images,
- 200 showcases,
- and more.
Within the same timeline, we also took stock and created a strategy for the content of the new site.
- Content strategy and style guide
- Content roadmap
- Content audits and schedules