5.0.0-rc3 is the latest step in our roadmap to a full point release! With this release we introduce further changes and improvements to the media management.
More about the background to the changes listed below can be found in the article Improvements to the media management in June 2020.
Core and module updates or additions
- New module addition - Entity usage
Changes and improvements
- Media assets are now deleted from the file system after the media entity is deleted. Files are set to temporary and will be deleted by the garbage collection if they are marked as temporary for longer than one hour.
Please note: this can create issues with multilingual sites in some circumstances.
- The media management now displays how and where a media entity is used. We set the caching on the media management view to none to make this work (this will be reviewed in the future).
- An extended error message is shown to users when a media entity is deleted and is used on the site - the message is linked to the usage screen.
- Sitebuilders (Drupal administrators) are now able to delete files from the file system using a VBO on the file management.
- The default message for media embedded in the WYSIWYG that was deleted in the WYSIWYG editor is now no longer shown to the public.
- The remote video config is now set to only allow YouTube and Vimeo
Download and try it
Learn how to install Sector.