Sector 10 roadmap
Drupal 10 is here and the Sector team has been busy working on our Sector 10 roadmap!
The Sector 10 Preview and 2024 Release pipeline is out!
Things are coming along nicely on the Sector 10 front. So, why not have a look at our first Sneak Peek Preview, the 2024 Release Pipeline, or keep up to date with our Release updates on the Sector 9 to 10 upgrade path.
A brand-new Sector experience
Sector 10 will provide an upgrade path from Sector 9.x while enabling new sites to move to a brand-new Sector experience.
When can I use it?
Please see our Sector 10 Release Pipeline for our current release schedule!
So, what's planned?
- Radically new AdminUI Experience to allow editorial teams to put content first
- The brand-new Sector Starter theme introducing Tailwind
- Mobile experience front and centre
- A preconfigured Starter Kit with sample content to let you hit the ground running
- Marketing add-ons for better campaign outcomes
- Structured content out of the box
- Security add-ons for govt and public sector clients
- Bringing advanced layouts to Sector
- Content Workflow out of the box
- Updated video tutorials to get you started
- Advanced headless/decoupled support
- A new governance approach building on the open Sector ecosystem to support growth and a wider community collaboration
Sector 10 will feature a brand-new Starter Kit configuration catering for small to medium sites while providing a launch pad for your enterprise-sized projects.
Sector 10 out of the box will ship with Gin - a radically new AdminUI experience by Sascha Eggenberger (one of the lead designers of Claro & Drupal Design System).
Sector 10 will ship with the new Sector Starter frontend theme using the CSS framework Tailwind – a utility-first CSS framework that allows you to rapidly build modern websites.
With the official release of Sector 10 in the second half of 2023, we will present a new Sector Ecosystem governance model that makes the most of increasing contributions from outside our Sector core team - building a robust support and release framework.
Sector 10 will provide an upgrade path from Sector 9, but a few changes from Drupal 9 to Drupal 10 will require changes to your configuration.
The biggest change is the switch to CKEditor 5 to deliver a better editorial experience where it counts most. The new WYSIWYG editor has been rewritten from the ground up and the new architecture will need a compatibility review during the upgrade.
All current modules are audited. Modules solely kept for the upgrade path will be clearly marked as legacy or deprecated, and will be disabled by default. New Sector add-ons will bundle our recommended dev and security tools into easy-to-install Sector extensions.