Sector 8.x-2.0-beta2 is the second beta Sector Starter Kit release on Drupal.org. It includes fixes and improvements in preparation for our first full production release.
What is new
Beta 2 includes the following improvements and fixes.
- The view unpublished module allows users to see unpublished content authored by other users. More information can be found under User roles and permissions.
- The metatag open graph submodule is now enabled by default and a base set of metatags are preconfigured.
- We have enabled the Bootstrap webform submodule by default.
New features and functionality
- Since Drupal 8, menu items of unpublished content are shown to editorial users. Call us old-fashioned, but our editors still find this confusing, so we have marked the menu items for unpublished content with a dotted line.
Security and maintenance
- We fixed an issue that prevented blocks placed using term conditions to be displayed in revisions.
- The 404 and 403 sample content pages are now set to be excluded from XML sitemap.
- Fixed issue that prevented search results in titles from being listed in the Search API - new in beta 1 - search view.
- Fixed issue around blocks being registered in the sidebar even though the sidebar was empty.
- We removed the experimental promotion block type and the obsolete 'recreate block content' module.
- Applied patch for token module to prevent 'ghost menu items'.
Beta 2 also includes minor improvements around accessibility and CSS
- Addition of ARIA attributes to the site's HTML architecture
- Improvements to the print CSS
- Style for default webform elements
- Re-theme embedded entities in a cleaner, more future-proof fashion
- Convert the header and footer regions to use CSS grid layout
Download and try it
Download Sector 8.x-2.0-beta2 on Drupal.org
We still have a bit to go - we are planning at least two more beta releases, but we are looking good for a full production release in early 2019.