Sector Search API and Search Facets configuration
The Search API module together with the Facets module allows sitebuilders to create and manage faceted search interfaces. Your Sector site not only benefits from a fast and configurable sitewide search - you can also add data-type-specific searches for any content type with configuration only (no need to code).
Features and functionality
- Preconfigured Search API DB server,
- Preconfigured search index for a sidewide search,
- Preconfigured search view,
- Preconfigured facet,
- Keyword search block, and
- An addition to the content settings allowing us to exclude single pages from the sidewide search.
Included contribution modules
Related entities and configuration
The Sector default DB search server
The DB server using the default Drupal DB.
Sector sitewide search index
The Search API DB index for the sidewide search. The index is excluding the Promotion content type (via the content data source).
Sector sitewide search view
The Search API search view using an exposed form block to provide the sidewide keyword search placed via the block management.
A facet block for content types rendered as a block and placed via block management, and a facet summary block (using the Facets summary sub-module) allowing us to render the reset button and the selected terms.
We added a term to allow editorial staff to exclude nodes of the content type page from search results.
- Term "Hide from sitewide search results" for the content settings taxonomy.
- The term is also applied the 403 and 404 sample pages.