Sector Page is based on the Drupal default Page content type. Sector Page provides an easy starting point for hierarchical content in menus and includes three sample layouts and additional sample content settings to get you started.
See Sector Page in action!
Read about changes to the Page content type in Sector 10.
Features and functionality
Sector Page includes:
- Sector Page content type, displays and responsive menus
- Sector Page Variants and Page Settings (see below)
- Sector Page template elements blocks (see below)
- Sector Sitemap for hierarchical content
- Sector editable 404 and 403 error pages
- Sample content to make it easy to get started
Introducing Sector Page display options
The preconfigured Sector Page display options in the Sector Starter Kit allow the content editor to choose between three page layout variants - homepage, section entry page, standard page - and apply additional page content settings - 'Hide sidebar' and 'Show last updated'.
Both the page layout variants and the page content settings are built on Drupal taxonomies and can be easily extended. The Sector page architecture allows us to mix and match layout options with minimal technical debt. For example, a standard page can hide the sidebar and show the last updated block with only one layout template to maintain.
The Sector Page display options go hand-in-hand with 'Manage displays' and 'Display Suite' settings.
Related entities and configuration (Sector D8)
The Page content type
The Page variant taxonomy
From 8.x-2.0-beta1 (October 2018) terms in Page variant are 'rabbit-holed' to redirect to the 403 Access denied page, the default setting not public facing taxonomies in Sector.
Content setting taxonomy (Automated contextual content)
From 8.x-2.0-beta1 (October 2018) terms in Content setting are 'rabbit-holed' to redirect to the 403 Access denied page, the default setting not public facing taxonomies in Sector.
Related blocks under block layout
- Page title (default) - placed in the pre-content region (excluded for home and section entry pages)
- Page title (alternate 1) - placed in the hero region (set for home and section entry pages)
- Subtitle (default) - placed in the hero region (set for home and section entry pages)
- In this section (menu)
- Main menu
- Last updated
URL pattern configuration
Term conditions* and related patches
The Sector block template components listed above are displayed via multiple term conditions made possible with a Sparks custom patch to the term conditions module. This allows us, for example, to exclude the page title in the pre-content region for home and section entry pages and replace it with the page title in the hero region.
- Content management made easy. - The homepage
- Sector Section entry pages - Section A Section entry page
- Sector Standard pages - Standard Page in Section A
- Sector WYSIWYG - Content elements -- Sample page to showcase text formats and styles
- Sector Page Content settings - Hide sidebar -- Sample page to showcase the hide sidebar content setting
- Level 2 page - Sample content to showcase sidebar and responsive menu
- Level 3 page - Sample content to showcase sidebar and responsive menu
- Level 4 page - Sample content to showcase sidebar and responsive menu
- Make your title unique, clear and descriptive - Section B Section entry page
- Sector News section entry page - News landing page
- Site map - Sitemap listing pages in the main menu
- Access Denied (error 403)- Editable 403 page
- Page not found (error 404) - Editable 404 page
* The Sector D8 term conditions replace the Sector D7 context configuration.