Sector Events offers a simple and easy to use events section for your Sector site. Included is everything you'll need to get going - an Event content type, automated lists of upcoming events and filtered archives, as well as maps and promotional or contextual blocks to be placed on the homepage or in the sidebar.
Sector Events is an optional Sector add-on. Sector add-ons can be downloaded and installed via the Sector Events project on Drupal.org or using composer. The Sector Events components and configuration make it easy to get started, and the sample content makes it easy to grasp the main features.
See Sector Events in action!
Required Drupal contribution modules
- Sector Events has dependencies to - and requires components from - the Sector Starter Kit (8.x-2.0-beta1 or later)
Sector Events enables the core Datetime Range module (if not already active).
Additional to Sector, the Events require:
- The Geolocation field to display Google Maps for venue locations
The Address module to add standardised address fields
The new Geolocation Address Link module that allows links to the address fields on the map.
Features and functionality
Sector Events includes:
- Sector Event content type and displays
- Events category taxonomy to categorise your events and allow your audience to filter by type
- Event landing page and an Events archive based on Drupal views
- Event sidebar promoting other upcoming events.
- Sample content to make it easy to get started
Related entities and configuration (Sector D8+)
Sector Event content type
The Event content type is preconfigured with a base set of fields and Display Suite view modes.
Sector Events URL path pattern
Sector Event category taxonomy
The Event categories allow editors to group events into categories.
Sector Event Landing page, archive and sidebar blocks via the Sector Event view
Includes displays for the:
- Event landing page under /event - display: Filtered View Upcoming (Page)
- Event archive under /event/archive, a view page with exposed filters - display: Filtered View Archive (Page)
- Event sidebar short teaser, a view block loaded into the node sidebar - display: Short Teaser (Block)
- Teaser block to embed in node content - display (disabled by default): Teaser (Block)
All view displays are hooked into Display Suite view modes to allow consistency and easy display management.
Related blocks under block layout
- Events type - template element to display type marker in the node view
- Sector Event: Short Teaser (Block) - sidebar block
- On install, the event module sets the Content Editor and Content Administrator permissions to allow editorial users in these user roles to manage events. The permissions for events are the same as for Starter Kit content types e.g. News or Resources.
- Upcoming event content sample with location map (/events/upcoming-event-content-sample-location-map)
- Past event content sample (/events/past-event-content-sample)
Known issues and updates
- The date range issue is resolved with the Events 8.x-2.x-alpha1 release. The alpha1 release requires the sector Starter Kit 8.x-2.0-beta1 or later (October 2018).
- Maps will only display with a valid Google API key. The key can be added to <your-domain>/admin/config/services/geolocation.