Sector 10 is coming!
We are updating our documentation library to be ready for the Sector 10 release in the second half of 2023! Find out more in our Sector 10 roadmap.
Sector News is based on the Drupal default Article content type. Sector News provides an easy starting point for current news content and includes automated lists and archives, as well as both promotional and contextual blocks on the homepage and in the sidebar.
Regular news keeps your site alive and gives you something to push to your social media or email marketing channels. The Sector News components and configuration make it easy to get started.
See Sector News in action!
Check out the News landing page and News archive on the Sector demo.
Features and functionality
Sector News includes:
- Sector News content type and displays
- Sector Article type taxonomy to categorise your news and allow your audience to filter by type
- Sector News landing page
- Sector News archive
- Sector News promotion on the homepage listing the latest news
- Sector News sidebar promoting and linking to other news on the news node template
- Sample content to make it easy to get started
Related entities and configuration (Sector D8)
Sector News content type
Sector Article category taxonomy
From 8.x-2.0-beta1 (October 2018) terms in Article category are 'rabbit-holed' to redirect to the archive view page with the term id as argument.
Sector News landing page
The News landing page is a node of the content type Page with a Drupal view block listing the latest News, including a pager that becomes visible after more content is loaded.
Sector News archive and promotional block via the Sector News view
The Sector News view includes displays for the:
- Sector News archive
- Teaser block embedded in the new landing page node
- Homepage block
- Sidebar block
All view displays are hooked into Display Suite view modes to allow for consistency and easy display management.
Related blocks under block layout
- Sector news: Teaser (Block) - placed on the news landing page
- Sector news: Short Teaser (Block) - placed in the sidebar of news nodes
- Latest news - placed on the homepage
- News content sample (/news/news-content-sample)
- News content sample with a long descriptive title (/news/news-content-sample-long-descriptive-title)