Sector Index A-Z offers a simple and easy way to list content in an A-Z index. You can start from the included Index content type or re-use the included Index A-Z views to list any existing content alphabetically by title or by topic.
Sector Index A-Z is an optional Sector add-on. This Sector add-on can be downloaded and installed via the Sector Index A-Z project on Drupal.org or using composer. Sector Index components and configuration make it easy to get started, and the sample content makes it easy to grasp the main features.
Required Drupal contribution modules
- Sector Index A-Z has dependencies to - and requires components from - the Sector Starter Kit 8.x-2.0-beta4 or higher.
See Sector Index A-Z in action!
Features and functionality
Sector Index A-Z can be used to search as well as list content in an alphabetical index - either by the title of a content node, or by an assigned topic. The Sector A-Z (by Title) view is a Search API view run from a full-text Search API index. Sector A-Z (by Term) is a Drupal content view and uses double grouping to list the topics A-Z, followed by all the nodes that are assigned to the topic.
Sector Index A-Z includes:
- Sector Index content type and displays
- Sector Index topic taxonomy
- Sector A-Z (by Title) view to search or list index content alphabetically by title
- Sector A-Z (by Term) view to search or list index topics and related nodes alphabetically by term
- And - as always - sample content to make it easy to get started
Related entities and configuration (Sector D8)
Sector Index content type
The Sector Index content type is preconfigured with a very basic set of fields and Display Suite view modes.
Sector Index URL path pattern
Sector Index A-Z topic taxonomy
The Index A-Z topics. By default, the tags in this taxonomy are 'rabbit-holed' to 403 (Access denied).
Sector A-Z (by Title) view
Includes displays for the:
- Filtered view (Page) - the view page for the Index A-Z (by Title) landing page under /index.
- Teaser (Block) - to embed into a page (disabled by default).
- Short Teaser (Block) - to embed into secondary region or a sidebar (disabled by default).
The Search API view uses fields (not Display Suite view modes) to allow the grouping by alphabet.
Sector A-Z (by Term) view
Includes displays for the:
- Filtered view (Page) - the view page for the Index A-Z (by Term) landing page under /index-alternate.
The Drupal view uses fields (not Display Suite view modes) to allow the double grouping by alphabet and assigned nodes.
On install, Sector Index adjusts the Sector Starter Kit permissions to allow Content editors and Content Administrators to manage content in the Content type Index.
Sitemap XML settings
On install, the Sector Index add-on also includes the index pages in the sitemap xml.
Twig template files
- Template views-view-grouping--sector-a-z-alternate.html.twig
The template adds a wrapping <div> with a class to the double grouping in the view allowing us to keep the alphabet groups together in a multi column view.
3 Index nodes
- A for Apple - Index content sample (/index/apple-index-content-sample)
- Z for Zebra - Index content sample (/index/z-zebra-index-content-sample)
- X for Xylophone - Index content sample (/index/x-xylophone-index-content-sample)
3 Index topic terms
- C for Cow - Index topic sample term
- E for Elephant - Index topic sample term
- O for Octopus - Index topic sample term