Sector Promotion offers a flexible content type to create and place ad-style promotions throughout your site. Promotions can link to both internal and external content. You'll find everything you'll need to add promotions to your homepage, including sample content to get you started.
Sector Promo magnets replace Sector Promotions in Sector 10
Learn more about the new custom block type for Sector promo magnets!
See Sector Promotion in action!
Check out the promotion tiles on the homepage of the Sector demo
Features and functionality
Sector Promotion includes:
- Sector Promotion content type and displays
- Sector Promotion variant taxonomy to easily extend promotions to be used across the site
- Sector Promotion view to load the promotions from a queue
- Sample content to make it easy to get started
Related entities and configuration (Sector D8)
Sector Promotion content type
Sector Promotion variant (was category) taxonomy
From 8.x-2.0-beta1 (October 2018) terms from promotion variant are 'rabbit-holed' to redirect to the 403 Access denied page, the default setting for non-public facing taxonomies in Sector.
Sector Entityqueue - Promotional tiles
The homepage promotions are loaded into an entityqueue that allows the editor to manage and sort the display.
Sector Promotion view
The Sector promotion view loads the promotions based on the queue and provides a block display:
- Homepage - Promotion tiles (Teaser alternate)
The block display is hooked into Display Suite view mode Teaser alternate to allow for consistency and easy display management.
Related blocks under block layout
- Promotion tiles - placed in the content area and restricted to the homepage.
The view block finally loads the promotions into the chosen theme region and restricts the display within the site.
- Three promotions are included to demonstrate the homepage use case.