For hierarchical content in menus, Sector provides an easy to use option to show the child pages of a parent page.
Sector Page Content Setting are Sector Display settings in Sector 10+
Head over to Page content type (Sector 10) to learn more.
An introduction on Page content settings can be found in the Sector Page content type documentation.
Features and functionality
- Page content setting 'Show teaser list of submenu items'
- Sector sub menu pages view with a block display to configure settings.
- A Page teaser alternate Display Suite view mode to configure displays.
Required Drupal contribution modules
- Views Menu Node Children Filter
The module allows us to add a contextual filter to Views to retrieve a pages's child pages according to the menu structure.
Related entities and configuration (Sector 9)
Via Page - Content setting taxonomy (Automated contextual content)
The term 'Show teaser list of submenu items' allows the editor to list child pages per node and is used as a condition to display the block.
Sector sub menu pages view
The Sector sub menu pages view loads the child pages and provides a block display:
- Sub menu pages (Teaser Alternate)
The block display is hooked into Display Suite view mode Teaser alternate to allow consistency and easy display management.
Related blocks under block layout
- Sector sub menu pages: Sub menu pages (Teaser Alternate) - placed in the post-content region and restricted via the term condition.
- The Section A entry pages shows the child page list <your-domain>/section.