Sector is built to be modular - the main building block is the Sector Starter Kit, and the Starter Kit can be extended using Sector add-ons.
What is included in the Starter Kit?
In short - everything you need to get going. The Starter Kit delivers a fully functional site ready for content loading.
- Preconfigured content types and displays for pages, news, and resources
- Homepage with promotional building blocks and automated content lists.
- Page variants to support Section entry pages and Standard content pages
- Content elements and patterns to let your content shine.
But that is easy, and others have done this before - so we have gone further.
- Sample content that makes it easy to get started.
- A site-wide faceted search
- A file media manager and preconfigured media types for images, documents, and videos
- Preconfigured meta data for search engines and social media
- Preconfigured user roles, user profiles, permissions
- Preconfigured text formats.
Also included are our favourite contribution modules
- The powerful Drupal Webform builder
- Captcha and Honey pot
- Google Analytics
- Password policies
- Auto logout
- As well as many useful helpers.
Find out more about the modules included in Sector.
What is left to do?
You'll need some design.
The Sector Starter Kit theme is designed to act as a very basic wireframe so you can start on your content and navigation before you get hung up on graphic design. Before you go live, you will want to add your branding and design layer to your site.
You need to get your site ready to go live.
Out of the box, Sector is in development mode - our goLive checklist helps you to get your site ready to launch.
Is that the end?
No. The Sector Starter Kit is your base building block. Sector add-ons ... well ... add on - see what is available to add on in our growing Sector ecosystem.