Sector is built to be modular - the main building block is the Sector Starter Kit, which can then be extended using Sector add-ons.
What is included in the Starter Kit?
In short - everything you need to get going. The Starter Kit delivers a fully functional site ready for content loading.
- Preconfigured content types and displays for pages, news, and resources
- Homepage with promotional building blocks and automated content lists
- Page variants to support section entry pages and standard content pages
- Content elements and patterns to let your content shine.
But that's all pretty standard - so we have gone further and included:
- Sample content to makes it easy to get started with your own content
- A site-wide faceted search
- A file media manager and preconfigured media types for images, documents, and videos
- Preconfigured meta data for search engines and social media
- Preconfigured user roles, user profiles, permissions
- Preconfigured text formats
The Starter Kit also includes our favourite contribution modules:
- The powerful Drupal Webform builder
- Google Analytics
- Password policies
- Auto logout
- As well as many useful helpers.
Find out more about the modules included in Sector.
What is left to do?
You'll need some design.
The Sector Starter Kit theme is designed to act as a basic wireframe so you can start on your website's content and structure before you get hung up on graphic design. Before you go live, you will want to add your branding and design layer.
You need to get your site ready to go live.
Out of the box, Sector is in development mode - so developers will need to finish getting the website ready to go live. Our goLive checklist helps you to get your site ready to launch - watch this space.
Is that everything?
Not quite! The Sector Starter Kit is just your base building block - if you're looking for extra functionality, you can install Sector add-ons (like Sector Blog). Add-ons are an important part of the ever growing Sector ecosystem.