Sector is an open source CMS Drupal distribution that is ready to go and easy to administer. We’ve used the best Drupal tools on the market and preconfigured authoring tools, content types, and file management across a wide range of use cases - launching your site has never been so fast, efficient, and easy.
Our aim is to provide a sustainable and maintainable New Zealand distribution that meets standards, performance, and compliance benchmarks and supports a wide range of site architectures and navigation patterns.
What is Drupal?
Drupal is an open source content management software for websites and applications. What sets it apart from other products is its flexibility and modularity. Its core architecture enables:
- Content editors to publish versatile and structured content
- Developers to contribute add-on modules and connect to other applications.
What is a Drupal distribution?
A Drupal distribution bundles Drupal core with a selection of contributed and custom modules to cater towards a specific use case or industry.
Sector is a full-featured distribution used to create small to enterprise sized websites. These websites allow editors to organise large amounts of content into a flexible and structured architecture, and sitebuilders to manage content types, metadata, and displays.
The Sector components work together as a single entity for creating, publishing, and managing content by sharing a common toolkit that allows for versatility within a consistent base framework.
- Drupal core
- Drupal standard contribution modules - modules in the top 100
- Drupal tested contribution modules - modules reviewed and tested by Sparks
- Bespoke Drupal configuration (see high-level list below)
- Custom modules - modules and helpers written, reviewed and tested by Sparks
- Custom theme - Drupal Bootstrap sub-theme written, reviewed and tested by Sparks
- A responsive base theme
- A set of preconfigured content types, displays, and views
- A set of preconfigured authoring tools
- A set of preconfigured user roles and permissions
- Sample content to showcase the available components.
The Sector Starter Kit and Sector add-ons
Sector is built to be modular. The Sector Starter Kit provides a basic toolset for small to medium sites, and Sector add-ons allow you to extend and grow your site based on your need - either from day one or over time.